I’ve been so excited to head down to Dorset ever since reading all about the Jurassic Coast in a magazine a couple of years ago, it’s been on my wish list from that moment. I am so glad I found the perfect weekend for it, the English weather has been on my side for once!
Durdle Door & Lulworth Cove have been voted two of the most beautiful spots in the UK, I am sure you can see why! The beaches of Dorset really are beautiful.
“the ultimate playground for the lovers of the outdoors”
I am sure you all know that I love nothing more than researching the best place to stay. Well, after doing lots of research, I luckily found availability in my No1 choice, Durdle Door Holiday Park! The location is totally amazing, I mean, could I get any closer? (I was in the third row back, in Holiday Home F6!)
From the second I arrived, I immediately felt at home. It probably helped that I had my dressing gown, hot chocolate & slippers in tow of course! (…I’m all about the home comforts!)
I had the best little spot, although all the homes are in a good location, I liked being so close to the walking paths leading to Durdle Door & Lulworth Cove. It was super peaceful & quiet yet just a 10 minute walk to Durdle Door & a 25 minute walk to Lulworth Cove.
The holiday homes really make it special! It is so nice to have your own space to relax in after a busy day walking along the coast. It makes such a difference having your home comforts, I even bought my own pillow with me, although I didn’t need it because the bed is comfier than a 5* hotel!
…It’s so lovely to be able to sit outside in the fresh air & have the BBQ going too.
I had a 2 bedroom (1 double, 1 twin) Holiday home, which looked brand new. They are so modern and chic, totally not what you expect for a typical ‘caravan’ holiday. The place is spotless too, I have never seen a shower so clean!
There is a fully fitted kitchen with gas cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle, en-suite in the main bedroom, living/dining area, central heating, electric fire, TV, DVD player, patio area & parking for 1 car. You can even bring your dog with you, check it out online or call 01929 400200
Talking of dogs, I can’t believe how dog friendly everywhere is! You can take your dogs on the beach with you, plus you can stop at The Dolls House for a dog friendly ice-cream…How cute!
You could also choose to stay in one of the many cottages, they’re lovely little cottages sleeping 2-14 people. You could also stay in a Camping Pod if you are feeling more adventurous!
What’s in the area?
Durdle Door: Is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. It’s around a 10 minute walk from Durdle Door Holiday Park, with great views along the way! There are plenty of spots for a picnic & of course for a swim in the crystal clear waters.
TOP TIP’S & MUST DO’S
1. Wear shoes as the pebble’s aren’t ideal on bare feet. (I wore sandals, after 2 minutes of walking on the pebbles in bare feet I was begging for a piggy back from Quinn!)
2. Make sure you have everything you need before you head down to the beach, as it is a steep walk back to the top if you have forgotten something!
3. Arrive early. We arrived at around 9am & the beach was really peaceful. From around 11am it was getting quite busy at the bottom of the beach stairs, if you keep walking you’ll be sure to find a quieter spot though, just make sure you have your shoes!
4. Stop for photos overlooking Man O’ War Beach, it is a great spot!
Lulworth Cove: It has such a cute little village on the beachfront with gift shops, cafe’s, restaurants & of course, plenty of places for an ice-cream! You can reach Lulworth cove really easily from Durdle Door Holiday Park, it is a stunning 20 minute walk along a stunning Coastal path! We spent the morning at Durdle Door, then walked over to Lulworth Cove for the afternoon. You can drive if you don’t fancy the walk, its only 5 minutes away & the car park is right by the cove, so if you struggle to walk it is a great option. (That was me on day 2, pregnancy got me!)
TOP TIP’S & MUST DO’S
1. Wear shoes as the ground is un-even in parts, it is much comfier in sturdy shoes.
2. Make a stop for handmade fudge, afternoon tea or an Ice-cream at The Dolls House (They have so many amazing Ice-cream flavours! I had candy floss flavour…YUM!)
3. Try The Boat Shed, we had fresh fish & chips on the beach for dinner as the sun set, watching the boats go by…It doesn’t get better than that!
Lulworth Castle: This really is a fairytale Castle! It was originally built in the 17th Century as a hunting lodge to entertain royalty, however it has recently been restored by the Weld Family to continue being a beautiful part of History! They hold weddings & special events here too, with the next big event being Camp Bestival, which is an amazing family festival 26-29th July.