Seville City Guide

What to see & do during a weekend break in Seville.

…Except just eating the endless Tapa’s of course!

We stayed in the beautiful Corral Del Rey, which could not have been a better location! It is right in the heart of Seville, with only a maximum 15 minute walk away from all of the main sights. We didn’t step foot on public transport once, which I think is quite rare during a city break.

It is so easy to access everything by foot. A friend recommended we walk everywhere to experience the real Seville, to see all of the little cobbled side streets, she wasn’t wrong, that is where the real Seville is!

The Corral Del Rey has six absolutely stunning rooms, all with a different style. We stayed in the Deluxe Double Room which is PERFECT! It has a full minibar with a little kitchen area (microwave, fridge, kettle, coffee machine) gorgeous bathroom with a huge bath and one of the comfiest beds I have ever slept in!

The breakfast is amazing too, it is all freshly made in the morning, you can either enjoy it inside the restaurant or out on the terrace near the little plunge pool overlooking the city views.

If you’d like to see more of The Corral Del Rey take a look at my ‘Seville’ Instagram highlight!

The Plaza de España is a must when you visit Seville. It’s located inside the Maria Luisa Park which is about a 15 minute walk from Corral Del Rey. The detail in the building is absolutely insane, it’s stunning! We spent the morning wandering around taking it all in & enjoyoing the views. It was really quiet when we arrived at 9:30am, but it started to get busy by around 11am ish. I would definitely try and arrive as early as you can to beat the crowds! It is totally free to access.

Las Setas has lots of different names…You may have heard of the Metropol Parasol or ‘The Mushroom.’ It costs 3 euros per person to experience the view point, but I do think it is worth it to get the views. Plus it is a great central point to find some of the best tapas spots.

From Las Setas, if you walk down Calle Regina you will find lots of cool little art-cafes & design shops, it was exactly how we imagined Seville!

We were heading towards Quilombo, which is a restaurant that was recommended to us. It has the most amazing tapa’s and sharers! If you carry on walking from Quilombo you will come to La Alameda, which is a square packed full of other great restaurants.

The Real Alcazar is where scenes from Game of Thrones are filmed!

If you’re a fan it’s definitely a must see. I’ve never seen a single GOT, but I still found it an incredible place to visit. It’s quite pricey though at €18 a ticket. (I’ve just seen online they do free entry on a Monday, that could be worth factoring in if you’d like to visit!)

It is such a stunning place but it was VERY busy. We booked a slot at 11am & there were people everywhere. It was too busy for me! 11am was the only time slot we could get, I imagine it’s much quieter earlier in the morning, I really wish we didn’t book our tickets so last minute!

Planning a trip to Seville? Let me know if you have any questions!

There are lots more pictures over on my Instagram.

Love Hannah xo

Blog post in collaboration with Corral Del Rey Hotel. All views are my own, as always!

Share:

40 Comments

1. February 26, 2019 / 2:20 am

This looks like such a fun getaway! I love the architecture!

2. March 4, 2019 / 3:44 pm

Lovely pictures, lovely places. It reminds me so much of my last vacation. Thanks so much for sharing.

3. March 4, 2019 / 9:23 pm

Seville looks like such a warm, inviting city! The history of it really shines through. As a side note, what filter do you use for your photos? They’re stunning!

4. March 4, 2019 / 9:58 pm

Oh my gosh…this looks absolutely beautiful. The architecture, the colors the very essence just moves me.

5. Kristine Nicole Alessandra
    March 5, 2019 / 12:10 am

Wow! That place is stunningly beautiful! So picturesque! The architecture is so majestic with lots and lots of intricate details. I wish I could visit someday!

6. March 5, 2019 / 12:31 am

I feel like this place is straight out of a dream. It’s so stunning, I feel like I could lose myself here.

7. March 5, 2019 / 1:20 am

The photos are stunning. Soooo want to go here the soonest. man, When can I..

8. Alyssa Dawson
    March 5, 2019 / 4:20 am

This is absolutely stunning! I cannot believe how beautiful this city is! Thank you for sharing these pictures!! *all the heart eyes!*

9. March 5, 2019 / 7:27 am

I haven’t heard about this city so I need to google it where it is located however, I had this vibe feeling its somewhere in Spain, and gotcha! I was totally right. The places and photos you have captured remind me so much of our culture too here. That place is stunning!

10. Dalene Ekirapa
    March 5, 2019 / 1:25 pm

It is so beautiful at Seville! The golden rustic decor of the place brings thsi warmth to the rooms especially; I just love it! And is that an outdoor massage spot? I would love it!

11. March 5, 2019 / 1:37 pm

Nice reading through your guide and seeing the drool worthy pics. I would love to visit Seville soon.

12. March 5, 2019 / 3:08 pm

I love this place, it is peaceful and colorful!

13. March 5, 2019 / 4:05 pm

These pictures are amazing. I have added Sevilla to my bucket list. The hotel looks amazing, having visited Barcelona and Madrid, I am certain Sevilla will not disappoint.

14. March 5, 2019 / 4:21 pm

The writing was great and the photos was stunning!

15. March 5, 2019 / 6:38 pm

What an amazing looking hotel. The photos are so beautiful. I would love to chill here for sure. Looks great.

16. Christa
    March 6, 2019 / 2:26 am

Seville looks gorgeous! I’m hoping to eat my way through slain this year. Fingers crossed the trip happens!

17. March 6, 2019 / 3:25 am

This place looks absolutely amazing. I would love to visit one day. Maybe I should add this to my bucket list.

18. March 6, 2019 / 1:49 pm

Pinned this to my travel ideas board on pinterest. That hotel looks awesome. Being in the center of everything is so convenient.

19. March 6, 2019 / 2:52 pm

I have no idea Seville was so beautiful. Each of these pictures this more stunning than the last! I now really want to go there.

20. March 6, 2019 / 5:16 pm

While everyone is saying it’s perfect it’s nice etc etc. I must say I will admit only when I personally experience myself. Joking. Even I loved it. Hehe

21. March 6, 2019 / 8:04 pm

So pretty! So many nice scenes!!! That is so nice that you could walk everywhere. That makes things super simple.

22. Akamatra
    March 6, 2019 / 8:50 pm

Such lovely photos! I would love to visit Seville some day, I’ve read some wonderful books about it!

23. March 6, 2019 / 11:39 pm

Oh my goodness, Seville is gorgeous! Or maybe it’s just the beautiful photos you took and chose to share. I would like to go there right now – and after walking through the city sit in one of those courtyards just relax. Yes, I’d have some tapas, too, please!
    xx Luci

24. Angie
    March 6, 2019 / 11:48 pm

Such amazing views! Love cozy getaways like this!

25. Melissa
    March 7, 2019 / 3:02 am

These pictures are gorgeous! What beautiful and intricate architecture! i would love to visit someday!

26. Geraline Batarra
    March 7, 2019 / 3:55 am

This hotel looks so great. Amazing photos.. Love it.

27. Sarah
    March 7, 2019 / 4:24 am

What a beautiful place. You captured it amazingly.

28. March 7, 2019 / 6:27 am

Never thought that Seville was this stunning. The places mentioned and the pictures are wanting me to visit this place. Can’t wait for your next travel blog….

29. March 7, 2019 / 2:42 pm

This must have been an amazing experience. Your pictures show amazing architecture and history it would be wonderful to be in the middle of all that.

30. Razena
    March 7, 2019 / 5:31 pm

Seville is one of our favorite cities to visit and I can’t wait to go back because the seafood was fabulous. We stayed in Corral de San Jose self catering apartments and found it to be really comfortable for our family of five and close enough to walk to everything in the old town too.

31. Kristine Nicole Alessandra
    March 7, 2019 / 11:06 pm

I had to go back to this post to show it to my husband. He is just so amazed at how pretty Seville is. My brother was in Spain for a business meeting about two months ago, but he was in Barcelona and Madrid. Hopefully, me and my husband can do some travels this year.

32. Kylie
    March 8, 2019 / 5:14 am

I visited Seville a few years ago and gosh did your photos make me nostalgic! Perhaps another little excuse to visit again? Safe and happy travels! x

33. March 10, 2019 / 12:57 am

Oh my gosh! Spain has always been on my bucket list and your pictures only make me want to go even more! Looks like you had a beautiful time!

34. Ruth I
    March 10, 2019 / 2:47 pm

Lovely photos! A visit in here will be a fulfillment of a dream. Everything looks beautiful!

35. Bindu Thomas
    March 16, 2019 / 7:03 am

This is really a great city and these photos look absolutely amazing. I would love to visit here. Thanks for sharing.

36. April 9, 2019 / 8:39 pm

A really good article Hannah! I’m going to Malaga next week and I had been planning to visit Seville during my stay. So you’ve given me some good ideas of where to go.

• HannahSwancott
      Author
      April 9, 2019 / 8:40 pm

Ohhh great! We did the same, we flew into Malaga, then drove to Seville and then to Estepona to spend a couple of days by the beach. Hope you have a good time! 💗